I was thinking of all meanings I’d put in a ‘happy new year!’ or ‘all the best for 2015!’ wish for you. Health, happiness, success and love all seem to benefit your own comfort and person. May others see the results of your GREAT DREAM:
- Giving: do things for others. Use your talents and gifts, your time, money and attention to help others. Give them without the need for instant likes or kudos. ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ (Acts 20 verse 35)
- Relating: connect with people. Nobody deserves to be alone. You’re the one to make a change. Treasure friends and family. Build new and better relationships. “Honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 19 verse 19)
- Exercising: take care of your body. Be mindful of what you eat and drink. Whatever sport you like, grow in exercising. If you know you should start, don’t procrastinate.
- Appreciating: notice the world around. Whether it’s nature, your town, neighbours, colleagues, politics, justice and injustice. What’s your place in this world?
- Trying out: keep learning new things. Read books, seek training and coaching, ask for feedback. Every innovation starts with trial and error.
- Direction: have goals to look forward to. Dream bigger, start smaller. We all need guidance. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3 verses 5-6)
- Resilience: find ways to bounce back. “The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.” (Psalm 37 verses 23-24)
- Emotion: show your emotion, whether you’re angry, upset, disappointed, in love or surprised. Show you’re human and lift up others where possible.
- Acceptance: be comfortable with who you are. “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” (Psalm 139 verse 14)
- Meaning: be part of something bigger. “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them? For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.” (Romans 11 verses 33-36)