Patrick Morley, head of Man in the Mirror Ministries and author of Man in the Mirror (solving the 24 problems men face) which has sold more than 3 million copies and was names on of the 100 most influential Christian books of the 20th century, wrote another 17 tiles, and is back with (Becoming a) Man Alive. Morley contends that every man has 7 primal needs that need to be met in order to live a powerful spiritual life. Morley met thousands of men through his ministry and shares their stories and his personal beliefs. He identifies these 7 needs:
- I just feel like I’m in this thing alone.
- I don’t feel like God cares about me personally—not really.
- I don’t feel like my life has a purpose. In fact, it seems random.
- I have destructive behaviors that keep dragging me down.
- My soul feels dry.
- My most important relationships are not working.
- I don’t feel like I’m doing anything that will make a lasting difference.
No man should have to settle for half alive. You can become the man God created you to be. You can experience a powerful life transformed by Christ. In the review copy, a booklet made up of one of the chapters from Man Alive, the second need is met. God truly loves you and wants you to be his beloved son, truly alive. The abundance of grace, pouring out of God’s everlasting love casts out all fear of being a fatherless man. We can learn from Jesus’ parable of the prodigal son, that the father has no Plan B, but another plan A. The Bible and personal stories mix up to a accessible book, worth a one-on-one conversation or a group chat. Additional content can be found at manalivebook.com.
I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review through their Blogging for Books program. I was not required to give a positive review.
- Book Review: Man Alive by Patrick Morley (richardburkey.wordpress.com)
- Man Alive by Patrick Morley (getreadingnow.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: MAN ALIVE (sethparr.wordpress.com)
- Are You Truly Following Jesus? (kirstinbenedict.wordpress.com)